I am a mother of two. I used to think my children ruled my world and my body. I used to think that the world revolves around my children and they deserve every single second of my time and every single cent in my bank account.

Not that I don't think so now, but as a mom, I can tell you that if moms everywhere in the world continue to dedicate their entire beings to their kids, the future will have loads of happy and well-raised children. However, there will be a lot of moms who lack self-confidence, are unhappy with the way they lived their lives, and are discontented with the way they feel about themselves. Future Moms will feel regret. Future moms will lose their own identity. Future moms will feel dysfunctional in social surroundings.

No, motherhood does not signify the end of yourself, just because you had your kids. In fact, motherhood is something that enhances and celebrates your womanhood. You've done something that is STILL exclusive (naturally) to women. No man will ever be able to give birth and nurture children the way we do.

But because of the overwhelming emotions, feelings, and concerns that we have for our children, we might forget to tend to ourselves. And that's unhealthy for mothers, regardless of race, religion, and culture.

I strongly encourage all moms to be with 'themselves', without the kids for 30mins - 60mins every single day. Moms could do something impulsive, like go shopping without the kids. Moms could go for a facial. Moms could visit the gym. Moms could call a friend for a talk. Moms could pick up a good book and read it in the bath! ANYTHING you want to do!

As a mother, I encourage you to dedicate some of your time and financial resources to finding and connecting with yourself on a daily basis. The method could be different because one method may work for one mother and yet, it doesn't work for the other. So, find the right method that helps you spend some time with yourself.

If you don't, you'll feel tired and resentful about being a mom. And when you're at that stage, it's hard to snap out of it and you'll end up mistreating, not only yourself but your kids and your husband too!

How did I know? Simple. It happened to me. I snapped out of it and I hope that those who are in the same position can snap out of it too. Don't stay in the trance for too long.

Pamper yourself, you deserve it....yes, even though you're mom, you're still a human being...you're still a woman!




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post